Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 20 minutes
Homemade croutons are simple, herbacious, and fun to make. Best of all, they add a satisfying crunch and flavor to all sorts of dshes... and even make for a really tasty treat.
- 1/2 loaf of Alvarado Street Bakery Sprouted Sourdough or California Style Bread
- 1/3 cup of olive oil
- 4 TBSP of butter or vegan butter
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 TBSP fresh rosemary, minced
- 1 TBSP fresh oregano, minced
- 1 TBSP grated parmesan, optional
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Slice the Alvarado Street Bakery bread into ½-inch cubes and spread out evenly on a large baking sheet.
- Mince your fresh herbs.
- Combine melted butter, oil, salt, pepper and herbs in a small bowl.
- Pour mixture evenly over bread. Use your hands to make sure each piece of bread is well-coated.
- Bake croutons for 10 min. Remove from oven and flip pieces over, then bake for another 10 min.
- Serve immediately, or, wait for croutons to cool before storing.